We covered generating your Jilt DNS records along with some general guidelines in our article Can I send emails from my own domain? Here we'll take a look at adding DKIM record to your GoDaddy domain host.
ℹ️ Looking for some help with this? Our team is happy to do this for you! You can add
email@example.com as a delegate to your GoDaddy account by following this guide.
Now, let's start sending your emails with your own domain.
Add the DKIM record
- Log into your GoDaddy account.
- From the Domains list, locate the domain you'll be working with and click the DNS button on the far right.
3. The DNS Management page will now load. At the bottom of the Records section, click Add and select CNAME from the menu.
4. For Host, copy and paste the value from the Host/Name field (#1 in the screenshot below). For Value, copy and paste the value from the Value/Alias To (#2 in the screenshot below. Make sure to add a period,
. , to the end of the value if one isn't present). You can click on the red text to automatically copy the value to your clipboard.
5. Leave the "TTL" setting at the default 1 hour and then click "Save". You're done!
You can wait a few minutes and click "Verify DKIM" in Jilt, which should verify that you've added the record successfully. In rare cases, it can take up to 48 hours to update, but if you've waited a few hours and the DKIM is still not verified, please get in touch with us so we can help.
To learn more, take a look at our article How to Verify Your SPF and DKIM records.