We've written about the benefits of including discounts in recovery emails, as well as when to include discounts in recovery emails. Here we'll cover how to offer discounts in order to drive purchases and increase revenue.
Let's get couponing!
Add an existing discount to an email template
If you've already followed the How do I create a discount code?, you'll already have a discount code that you'd like to add to an email template.
1. Open up the template in the email editor. We'll include the discount via the Discount Code component:
2. Drag-and-drop the component over into the email body and it adds the discount block to the contents. Here's a little video demonstrating the process:
Don't forget to Save Changes when you're done
Add a new discount to an email template
Haven't had a chance to create a discount yet as you've been busy getting the email design just right? We've got great news! You can create a new discount code and add it to the email all from the same screen 🎊
1. Since you're already in the email editor, we'll drag-and-drop the Discount Code component over into the template like we did above.
2. Under the Discount Settings, we'll select the +New discount link.
3. Fill out the discount properties. At a minimum we'll enter the Name, Type, and Amount.
Read more about each property in How do I create a discount code?
4. Click the Add Discount button when you're happy with it's setup. Remember to Save Changes before leaving the editor.