We covered generating your Jilt DNS records along with some general guidelines in our article Can I send emails from my own domain? Here we'll take a look at adding the SPF and DKIM records to your 123 Reg domain host.
Now, let's start sending your emails with your own domain.
Access the DNS Manager
1. Log in to your account's control panel at 123 Reg by using this link.
2. In the Domain names section, select the relevant name of the domain you are modifying from the dropdown list and click the Manage button.
3. Scroll down to the Advanced Domain Settings section and click the Manage DNS (A, MX CNAME, TXT) link.
4. Select the Advanced DNS tab.
Create a DKIM record
1. Select CNAME from the Type dropdown list in the Add new entry section
2. For Hostname, copy and paste the value from the Host/Name field:
jilt._domainkey (#1 in the screenshot below. You can click on the red text to automatically copy the value to your clipboard.) Make sure this value doesn't contain anything after the "domainkey" portion.
3. In the Destination CNAME field copy and paste the value from the Value/Alias To field (#2 in the screenshot below), but remove the period at the end of the value.
4. Click the Add button to save the record.
Great job! You've created the CNAME record Jilt will use for sending emails "from" your custom domain.
You can wait a few minutes and click "Verify DKIM" in Jilt, which should verify that you've added the record successfully. In rare cases, it can take up to 48 hours to update, but if you've waited a few hours and the DKIM is still not verified, please get in touch with us so we can help.
To learn more, take a look at our article How to Verify Your SPF and DKIM records.