We covered generating your Jilt DNS records along with some general guidelines in our article Can I send emails from my own domain? Here we'll take a look at adding the CNAME record to your custom domain purchased through Shopify.
Now, let's start sending your emails with your own domain.
Log in to your Shopify account
1. Log in to your Shopify store by clicking here
2. From your Shopify Admin, go to Online Store -> Domains
3. In the Shopify-managed domains list, select the domain name from which you'll be sending Jilt emails
4. Click DNS settings
Create a DKIM record
1. On the DNS settings page, use the Add custom record dropdown to select the CNAME record type
2. The Add CNAME Record modal will appear. In the Name field, copy and paste the value from the Host/Name field:
jilt._domainkey (#1 in the screenshot below. You can click on the red text to automatically copy the value to your clipboard.) Make sure this value doesn't contain anything after the "domainkey" portion.
Jilt's CNAME record details
3. In the Points to field, we'll enter the Value/Alias to we copied from Jilt's Email Domains setup page (#2 in the screenshot above) but remove the period at the end of the value.
4. Click Confirm to save the new record. That's it, nice work on creating your new DNS record!
You can wait a few minutes and click "Verify DKIM" in Jilt, which should verify that you've added the record successfully. In rare cases, it can take up to 48 hours to update, but if you've waited a few hours and the DKIM is still not verified, please get in touch with us so we can help.
To learn more, take a look at our article How to Verify Your SPF and DKIM records.