Zapier is a wonderful service to connect different apps or tools you use on a regular basis. Jilt can connect to Zapier to send Jilt data to other apps of your choice.
This article details how to connect and setup Jilt with other apps, and details Zapier Actions (for receiving events to Jilt) and Triggers (for sending events from Jilt).
Let's walk through connecting Jilt to your Zapier account, and creating our first zaps.
Connect Jilt to Zapier
First, let's make sure your Jilt account is connected to Zapier. We're going to assume you already have a Zapier account and are logged in.
Within your Jilt Dashboard, you can visit Settings > Integrations. There is a button to connect to Zapier.
You'll be sent to a Zapier page where you can accept the invite to enable Jilt's Zapier integration. Click accept.
Accepting will take you to your Zapier dashboard.
Now you may still need to authorize your Jilt account via Zapier. From Zapier's dashboard, go to My Apps and search for Jilt.
It will trigger a pop-up window to authorize your Jilt account to interact with Zapier. Click “Authorize”.
Now your Jilt and Zapier accounts are connected! You can create Jilt-enabled Zaps!
As of Jilt's 1.1.0 version of our Zapier integration, both Actions and Triggers are supported, meaning you can confidently send data to Jilt, and send data from Jilt to other apps.
Send to Jilt with Actions
Set up your first Jilt action by clicking "Make a Zap!" in the top right of your Zapier dashboard.
When you're sending information from another app to Jilt, you'll choose the other app in the, "When this happens..." section. In this example, we are sending newly registered Slack users and tagging them in Jilt.
After setting up the Slack side of things, within the "Do this..." section, choose Jilt as the app you want to send to.
And you'll be presented with options for which Action Event to choose:
- Subscribe contact - Creates a new contact in Jilt and subscribes them to receive marketing emails. If a contact already exists, they will be updated to subscribe to receive marketing emails.
- Unsubscribe contact - Unsubscribes a contact in Jilt. This has the same effect as them clicking "Unsubscribe" in marketing campaigns. They can still be sent transactional notifications, but no longer receive marketing emails.
- Add / update contact - Can add and / or update contacts (if the email address already exists) in Jilt. This can be used to update the properties of a contact without updating their subscription status. Archived or unsubscribed contacts would remain in that state.
For our example, we're going to Add / update contact to tag them and use the tag to determine whether a contact has joined Slack or not, and establish automations around that tag.
You can customize the contact based on the data available.
In this case, we add the tag "slack" to the contact and opt them in to marketing emails.
Once satisfied with your contact modifications, you can test the zap.
And turn on our new zap.
Congratulations! You're now live with your first Zap, and you can send from the thousands of Zapier-connected apps to Jilt.
Next, let's show how to send data from Jilt to other apps with Triggers.
Set Up Your Triggers
First, you'll need to make a new zap. Start by clicking the “Make a Zap!” button. When asked it asks to “Choose App & Event”, choose Jilt.
Then choose your trigger event.
You can choose from the triggers below:
- New Contact - triggered when a contact is created in Jilt. This can happen via a new abandoned cart, a new order, manually adding a contact, or subscribing via our signup forms. This is not triggered for bulk creation, such as the initial shop import or a CSV file import.
- Updated Contact - triggered when a contact is updated in Jilt. This is not triggered during bulk updates, such as a bulk contact action or CSV import.
- Contact Unsubscribed - triggered when a contact unsubscribes from Jilt emails.
- Contact Abandoned A Cart - triggered when a recoverable cart (one that has an email address) is considered abandoned in Jilt.
- Contact Received Automation Email - triggered when Jilt sends a new automation email to a contact, such as a cart recovery email.
- Contact Opened Automation Email - triggered the first time a contact opens a particular automation email; subsequent opens of the same email will not re-trigger the zap.
- Contact Clicked Automation Email - triggered the first time a contact clicks on a particular automation email; subsequent clicks in the same email will not re-trigger the zap.
From here, the Zapier world is your oyster! It’ll prompt you to choose what to do next in the “Do This” section. Here you’ll choose which app and action you want to push the Jilt customer to.
For example, you can push Jilt customers into your Hubspot CRM, add them to a spreadsheet, or send yourself a Slack notification. Your action will have the customer's first name, last name, email, GDPR consent information, and custom fields available from Jilt.
You can create as many zaps as you like, or make multi-step zaps and send the same Jilt data to multiple apps. You can also revoke access at any time from the same Jilt Settings & Integration screen.