Zapier is a wonderful service to connect different apps or tools you use on a regular basis. Jilt can connect to Zapier to send Jilt data to other apps of your choice.
This article details how to send contacts from Jilt to other apps. If you would like documentation on adding, updating, subscribing, and unsubscribing contacts from other apps to Jilt, please see this guide.
Let's walk through connecting Jilt to your Zapier account, and creating a zap triggered by Jilt via an abandoned cart or new order. You can send contact details to another tool to another app, such as a CRM, spreadsheet, Slack channel, and more.
Connect Jilt to Zapier
First, let's make sure your Jilt account is connected to Zapier. We're going to assume you already have a Zapier account and are logged in.
Go to your Jilt Dashboard, to Settings > Integrations. There is a button to connect to Zapier.
You'll be sent to a Zapier page where you can accept the invite to enable Jilt's Zapier integration. Click accept.
Now you need to authorize your Jilt account via Zapier. From Zapier's dashboard, go to My Apps and search for Jilt.
It will trigger a pop-up window to authorize your Jilt account to interact with Zapier. Click “Authorize”.
Now your Jilt and Zapier accounts are connected! You can create Jilt-enabled Zaps!
Set Up Your Triggers
First, you'll need to make a new zap. Start by clicking the “Make a Zap!” button. When asked it asks to “Choose App & Event”, choose “Jilt”.
Then choose your trigger event.
You can choose from the triggers below:
- Contact Created - triggered when a contact is created in Jilt. This can happen via a new abandoned cart, a new order, manually adding a contact, or subscribing via our signup forms. This is not triggered for bulk creation, such as the initial shop import or a CSV file import.
- Contact Updated - triggered when a contact is updated in Jilt. This is not triggered during bulk updates, such as a bulk contact action or CSV import.
- Contact Unsubscribed - triggered when a contact unsubscribes from Jilt emails.
- Contact Abandoned A Cart - triggered when a recoverable cart (one that has an email address) is considered abandoned in Jilt.
- Contact Received Automation Email - triggered when Jilt sends a new automation email to a contact, such as a cart recovery email.
- Contact Opened Automation Email - triggered the first time a contact opens a particular automation email; subsequent opens of the same email will not re-trigger the zap.
- Contact Clicked Automation Email - triggered the first time a contact clicks on a particular automation email; subsequent clicks in the same email will not re-trigger the zap.
From here, the Zapier world is your oyster! It’ll prompt you to choose what to do next in the “Do This” section. Here you’ll choose which app and action you want to push the Jilt customer to.
For example, you can push Jilt customers into your Hubspot CRM, add them to a spreadsheet, or send yourself a Slack notification. Your action will have the customer's first name, last name, email, GDPR consent information, and custom fields available from Jilt.
You can create as many zaps as you like, or make multi-step zaps and send the same Jilt data to multiple apps. You can also revoke access at any time from the same Jilt Settings & Integration screen.