If you haven't yet installed the Say What? plugin, take a look at our article on using the plugin to customize or translate text.
To customize any of the below strings:
- Click the Add New button on the Say What? plugin's Text changes page.
- Then, enter the string you'd like to change in the Original string field.
- Enter jilt-for-edd in the Text domain field.
- Enter the new string in the Replacement string field.
Let's take a look at a few messages generated by Jilt that are commonly customized.
Capture email on add to cart
This popover uses three strings, so to change all three we'd create three text changes with the Say What? plugin:
- "Reserve this item in your cart!"
- "Enter your email"
- "No thanks, I'll enter my email later."
This feature also includes three separate strings:
- The initial prompt: "Ensure checkout is fast and easy next time! Create an account and we'll save your details from this order."
- The prompt's registration link: "Create Account"
- The confirmation message: "Welcome, %s! Please check your email to verify your account."
Show email usage notice
We use one string for this feature:
- "Your email and cart are saved so we can send you email reminders about this order. %1$sNo thanks%2$s."
Notice how there are two placeholders above, %1$s and %2$s? Make sure that the linked text is contained within them. For example, "%1$sYour New Link Text Goes Here%2$s".