Since Jilt relies on a grouping algorithm to ensure we don't send out duplicate sets of recovery emails, we suggest testing out a "live" cart using a combination of an incognito window and unique email address.
Here's how to test an abandoned cart without it getting grouped into another order:
- Open up an incognito browser window in Chrome by clicking ⌘ + Shift + n (Mac) or Ctrl + Shift + n (Windows).
- Visit your shop and add an item to the cart.
- Go to checkout and fill out the email field. Use a unique email address, like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, for each test order to get around Jilt's grouping behavior.
- If your store is built on WooCommerce or EDD, you can now close the browser window. For Shopify stores, please make sure to submit the form by clicking the "Continue to shipping method" button, then close the window.
- Return to your Jilt Dashboard > Carts screen to view the "live" cart.
- 💡 Use your own email if possible! When you use the email associated with your Jilt account, or an email from your store's domain (
email@example.com), Jilt will automatically recognize it as a test contact, which does not count against your contact total for billing purposes. 💰
- If you'd like to test the campaign a few times, make sure to open a new incognito window for each test.
- For the Jilt for WooCommerce/EDD plugins, log out of your administrator account for your store before following the above steps. More details can be found in our article Why isn't my cart restored when I click an email?