Every automation comes pre-loaded with email templates that have default sending delays. For instance, the "Cart abandoned" automation has three emails, timed to be sent to your customers 1 hour, 1 day, and 2 days after abandonment. You may want to experiment with these timings, or even wish to stop an email from being sent at all. Follow along to learn how to make these changes in Jilt.
Change the sending behavior on the automation's settings screen
1. Login to your account and navigate to the Automations screen, then open up the automation you'd like to adjust.
2. Scroll down to the Emails section, where you can make changes to the Sending behavior, delay time, email subject line, and from name/address by clicking the Settings button:
3. Next, you can adjust the Sending schedule, From name, From email address, Subject line, and Preview text. All fields are required except for Preview text.
- Send Automatically or Don't Send: Choose whether to send the email automatically or not (ie. "Don't send"); not sending automatically basically allows you to keep this email as a "draft" until you're ready to start sending it.
- Number: Make changes to the number field (in increments of 1)
- Delay time: Use the Minutes/Hours/Days/Months dropdown to specify the type of time delay.
- Enter the name you’d like customers to see in their inbox. For example, “Team Jilt.”
- Select an existing From address or add a new address.
- You can increase open rates by customizing your email subject with liquid merge tags, up to 100 characters long.
- Some inboxes show preview text after the subject line. You can customize this here, up to 150 characters.
Make sure to click the Save settings button after making your adjustments.