Anyone with a paid Jilt account can add order receipts to their store (learn how to enable order receipts). This lets you customize email content for your receipts, shipment notifications, and more using Jilt's drag-and-drop email editor.
Add an order receipt
While customization is really useful for your receipt and other order receipt content, personalizing that content is also important! Not every customer is the same, so you shouldn't treat them identically.
Jilt lets you segment the audience for all order receipts, so different customers can match different versions of your order receipt.
To add an order receipt, head over to the "Order receipts" section of the app.
Customizing an order receipt email
Jilt provides you with five premade templates that are ready to send. You may want to customize your email a little further though, and that's easy.
- Click on the gear icon of the order receipt you want to customize
- Select "edit" for the email you want to customize
- Edit the subject line, from address, or email content
You can also add segmentation rules to segmented emails. Read below to learn more about them!
Segmented order receipt emails
Let's use receipt emails as an example: while every order should get a receipt, you may want to send one version of a receipt for an order with all virtual or digital items, a different version for unpaid orders, and a different version for paid orders. This lets you set expectations for the order directly in your email.
Jilt lets you do this by creating a default order receipt and segmented order receipts. If a customer matches a segmented email (such as the unpaid order email shown below), they will receive that version of your receipt. Otherwise, if the customer or order does not match any segmented emails, they will receive the default receipt.
To create a segmented email, click on "New email". You'll then be prompted to:
- Add segmentation rule(s). This is what differentiates this email from the default email sent to all customers.
- Edit the email content. Customize the look of your email with our email editor.
- Edit the email settings.
This lets you ensure that all order receipts are personalized effectively!
💡Be sure to "Go Live" with your alternative email once you're happy with it to start matching customers to this receipt!
Here are some great examples beta testers came up with for alternative receipts to get you started:
- Send a different receipt to international customers that lets them know about expected shipping timelines.
- Send different receipts for unpaid orders with instructions on how to complete payment.
- Use a different receipt depending on product purchased to set expectations for shipping timeline — this has been really helpful for stores that sell customized products who need time to personalize them!
- Change receipt content when an order does not need shipping, so that shipping addresses or details are not included in the receipt.
- Change the shipping notification email content based on the product category purchased — this has helped sites that sell some items that require freight shipping, as they can include different delivery expectations.