Jilt automatically imports customers from your ecommerce store, but if you're migrating from another platform (like Mailchimp) or have other contacts that you'd like to add to Jilt, you can do so using our CSV import tool!
Follow the steps below to import contacts to Jilt:
1. Go to Contacts > Add Contacts > Import CSV.
2. Select the file you want to upload. The import tool supports Mailchimp audience export files, or you can use our template to ensure your contacts are in the proper format. Our template includes the following fields:
- Email Address (required) - if a contact with this email already exists in Jilt, their record will be updated but not duplicated.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Tags - you can segment emails by tags
- Accepts Marketing - this field indicates whether a contact has opted in to receive marketing emails. If a contact has this field set to "false", they cannot receive Broadcast emails.
3. If desired, choose one or more lists that these contacts should be added to.
4. Click Start Import.
That's it! You'll receive an email when your import is complete.