Sending a welcome new subscribers email? You may want to attach a PDF, video, or audio file as a lead magnet or free gift.
For these situations, we recommend including a link to a hosted file in the email, since adding attachments can result in a poor sending reputation.
Step 1: Where can I host my files?
The good news is that there are many options available for hosting files! You can host files via third-party services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
For WooCommerce and EDD shops, another option is to host your files in your WordPress media library.
For Shopify merchants, you can choose to host your files in Shopify.
How to host or upload files on your WordPress site:
- Log into your WordPress Admin
- Click on Media in the left side menu
- Select the Add New button from the top of the screen
- A box will appear at the top of the screen saying 'Drop files anywhere to upload'. You can either drag the file into the box or use the Select Files button to add it.
- After it's been uploaded, you can click the "edit" link on that page or go back to Media > Library to select the PDF from the Media List.
- Once you select it, the Attachment Details screen will load. From here, you can click Copy Link. This link will be the direct link to the PDF hosted on your WordPress site.
How to host or upload files on your Shopify site:
- Log into your Shopify admin
- Click on Settings on the left
- Click on Files on the left
- Click the blue Upload Files button at the top right, and upload the file
- Copy the URL and use that for the direct link
Step 2: Add the hosted file link to your email
Once you have the link to the hosted file, you can add that direct link to the file in your email as either a button link or text link.
What about invoices?
For order receipts, we don't currently offer PDF invoice attachments. If you're interested in this feature, please let us know by getting in touch with our team!