Self-service contact exports is now available in Jilt 🎉
You can export your entire list, a filtered segment, or a selection of contacts. Exports can include active, archived, suppressed, opted-in, and non-subscribed contacts.
Before you start
Here are some important things to know before you begin the export process.
- Contact exports don't include campaign report data like open and click rates, or order/shopping history.
- Your export is provided as a CSV file. You can open it in your preferred spreadsheet application to view and edit the data.
- When the CSV file is ready you'll be sent an email to your Jilt account email address, with a link to download the file.
- Contact export files are available to download up to 14 days after they've been generated.
- Please wait for an export to finish processing before requesting an export of the same data set.
Set up your export
Follow the steps below to export a contact.
- Go to Contacts
- Select one or more contacts that you'd like to export.
- Click Actions > Export contacts
A modal window will appear that asks you to confirm the list to export. The following options are available.
- Selected contacts: all contacts that have been selected with a checkmark.
- All contacts in filter: all contacts that appeared in the filtered results (Only available if a filter was applied to the list).
- All contacts: the complete list of contacts in your store.
Once you've confirmed the list you'd like to export, Jilt will start preparing the CSV file. You'll receive an email with a link to download the file, which will be available for 14 days. After which, the file is removed from our system and no longer available to download.
Note: The file may take up to a couple of hours to process during busy periods.
Pro tip: Use segmentation rules (found under "Filters") to sort a list of only the contacts you want to export. Bulk select the results and then choose "All contacts in filter" in the modal window to quickly export a group of contacts.
How do I export a contact list?
You can export a list that you added to your account in the Contacts > Lists area.
- Go to Contacts.
- Click Filter > Contact details.
- From the list of filters choose Contact lists and select the list name from the dropdown.
- Click Add rule.
Once you've filtered the list, select the results by clicking the bulk selector then go to Actions > Export contacts.
Our support team is happy to help if you have any questions about exporting your contacts. Open up the chat window or get in touch with us here.