If you haven't yet installed the Say What? plugin, take a look at our article on using the plugin to customize or translate text.
To customize any of the below strings:
- Click the Add New button on the Say What? plugin's Text changes page.
- Then, enter the string you'd like to change in the Original string field.
- Enter jilt-for-woocommerce in the Text domain field.
- Enter the new string in the Replacement string field.
Let's take a look at a few storefront messages generated by Jilt.
Show email usage notice
This notification uses one string, so to change it we'd create one text change with the Say What? plugin::
- "Your email and cart are saved so we can send you email reminders about this order. %1$sNo thanks%2$s."
Notice how there are two placeholders above, %1$s and %2$s? Make sure that the linked text is contained within them. For example, "%1$sYour New Link Text Goes Here%2$s".
This feature includes three separate strings:
- The initial prompt: "Ensure checkout is fast and easy next time! Create an account and we'll save your details from this order."
- The prompt's registration link: "Create Account"
- The confirmation message: ""Welcome, %1$s! Your %2$saccount information%3$s has been saved."
The first placeholder, %1$s, will automatically render the customer's first name. The next two placeholders, %2$s and %3$s, ensure that the text in between is bold. In the default message, that's the "account information" text.
Capture email on add to cart
This popover also uses three strings:
- "Reserve this item in your cart!"
- "Enter your email"
- "No thanks, I'll enter my email later."