If a customer has an account on your site and is logged in, Jilt already knows who they are, so it has the information it needs to recover abandoned carts. For customers who aren’t logged in, however, identifying them can be much trickier.
One way Jilt figures out where to send recovery emails for non-logged in customers is by tracking shopping cart behavior and logging the customer’s email address as soon it is entered on the checkout page on WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads platforms, or entered as well as submitted on Shopify stores. That works well for many customers, but some don’t ever get to your checkout page or fill it out.
Capturing emails for customers earlier in this process increases the number of carts your store can recover (and the revenue available you can recoup!). An “add to cart popover” identifies customers earlier in the shopping process by asking for their email when adding an item to the cart.
1. Login to your WordPress admin and visit the Jilt settings page by clicking on the Jilt menu item
2. Enable the Capture email on add to cart option.
3. Click Save settings. The popover is now enabled – awesome!
Easy Digital Downloads Setup
1. Login to your WordPress admin and visit Downloads > Settings > Extensions.
2. Within the Jilt settings section, enable the Capture email on add to cart option.
3. Click Save Changes. It's all set!
1. Login to your Jilt account and visit Settings.
2. Enable the Ask for customer's email when an item is added to cart option.
3. Click Update Shop to save changes and start capturing those emails 🎉