We’re hard at work on a number of items to both comply ourselves with the upcoming EU GDPR changes, as well as help your store comply with EU GDPR when using Jilt:
- EU-US Privacy Shield certification
- A new Privacy Notice for our Users’ Stores, which clarifies the data that Jilt collects from your visitors & customers as part of providing our service to you
- A sample legitimate interests analysis for abandoned cart recovery emails that may be helpful in completing your own
- Sample text for providing notice to your visitors & customers that your store collects emails & other data for the purposes of abandoned cart recovery and other direct marketing
- Tools to collect & manage customer consent in a GDPR-compliant manner, so that can email customers non-transactional marketing emails
Keep an eye on this page as the May 25th deadline approaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I still send abandoned cart recovery emails while being GDPR compliant?
A: Yes, abandoned cart emails are sent on the basis of legitimate interest, which is the most flexible lawful basis for processing data but also the most open to interpretation. It’s important to follow our recovery email best practices and limit your sending to only recent abandonments with a series of 3 emails. Sending dozens of emails over a long period of time after a cart abandonment would be significantly more challenging to qualify.