Let's get you up and running with sending email automations from Jilt.
Create a new automation
Click the Automations link in the left menu.
Note: If you have multiple stores in Jilt, you will need to go into your desired store first.
We'll next click the +New Campaign button.
On the following screen, you will be asked to choose the type of automation you'd like to run, along with the automation's name.
From the dropdown you can choose:
- Cart abandoned
- Order completed
- Welcome first-time purchaser
- Thank repeat purchaser
- Ask for product review
- Reward VIP customers
- Win back inactive customers
- Replenishment reminder
- Custom cart campaign (paid plan only)
- Custom order campaign (paid plan only)
- Custom customer campaign (paid plan only)
- Broadcast (newsletter) (paid plan only)
Click the Create Campaign button once you've made your selection.
Automation settings and email templates
Your automation will automatically include default emails, depending on the type of automation you've created. For example, a cart abandoned automation automatically contains 3 emails based on the most effective best practices for recovery.
From this page you can:
- Go Live with your automation to start sending out emails
- Change the automation settings
- Add/remove segmentation rules
- Edit existing emails
- Change email sending rules
- Delete emails
- Duplicate emails
- Add new emails
Remember: You must turn your automation "on" before Jilt will start sending recovery emails.
Clicking on either the New email button or the name of an existing email will take you to the email editor:
While editing a new or existing recovery email, you'll be able to both edit the email settings and content. Each email has a few settings you can configure.
- From name: The "From" name for the email; this is what customers will see as the sender when they receive a recovery email.
- From email: The "From" email address for the email; this is what customers will see as the sending email when they receive a recovery email.
- BCC email: (Optional) an email address to CC on these emails if desired.
- Subject: The subject for the recovery email
The content editor lets you insert content, add personalization, or import HTML (for advanced usage). Drag-and-drop an Email Component from the left-side menu, such as a Text Block or Image Block, to add it to the email.
The final section of the email editor gives you control over when the email goes out.
- Sending behavior: Whether to send the email automatically or not; not sending automatically basically allows you to keep this email as a "draft" until you're ready to start sending it.
- Delay time: How long after the cart has been abandoned to wait before this email is sent. A cart isn't considered "abandoned" until the cart been idle for at least 15 minutes (no changes to items in the cart), and you must wait at least 1 minute after this period before sending a recovery email. We recommend a delay time of an hour or less on your first email.
We are also happy to help you customize the design of these recovery emails as we improve the editing experience! Just get in touch with our team and we'll be glad to assist 😊
Activate your automation
Once you're pleased with your automation settings, make sure to activate the automation to start sending emails.
From your Automations screen, click the Go Live button next to the automation you'd like to start using.