Jilt provides two types of recovery campaigns:
- Ongoing Campaign: send emails to all of your shop's new abandoned orders, once it's been activated.
- One Time Campaign: send emails to previously abandoned carts (like abandoned orders that were received while your Ongoing Campaign was paused or that were logged before you installed Jilt).
We'll be discussing setting up Ongoing Campaigns below. For creating a One Time Campaign, take a look at our article How do I send emails to older abandoned orders?
Create a New Ongoing Campaign
Click the Campaigns link in the left menu.
Note: If you have multiple stores in Jilt, you will need to go into your desired store first.
On the right hand side, click on the +New campaign button.
On the following screen, you will be asked to name your campaign. Enter a name to describe your campaign and then click "Create Campaign."
Note: Make sure to not select the checkbox, this setting is used for One Time Campaigns.
Your campaign will automatically include our three default recovery emails. These are based on the most effective best practices for recovery.
From this page you can:
- Add new emails
- Edit existing emails
- Change email sending rules
- Delete emails
- Go Live with your campaign to start sending out emails
Remember: You must turn your campaign "on" before Jilt will start sending recovery emails.
Clicking on either the New email button or the name of an existing email will take you to the email editor:
While editing a new or existing recovery email, you'll be able to both edit the email settings and content. Each email has a few settings you can configure:
- From name: The "From" name for the email; this is what customers will see as the sender when they receive a recovery email.
- From email: The "From" email address for the email; this is what customers will see as the sending email when they receive a recovery email.
- BCC email: (Optional) an email address to CC on these emails if desired.
- Subject: The subject for the recovery email
- Sending behavior: Whether to send the email automatically or not; not sending automatically basically allows you to keep this email as a "draft" until you're ready to start sending it.
- Delay time: How long after the cart has been abandoned to wait before this email is sent. A cart isn't considered "abandoned" until the cart been idle for at least 15 minutes (no changes to items in the cart), and you must wait at least 15 minutes after this period before sending a recovery email. We recommend a delay time of an hour or more on your first email.
The email also has a content editor that lets you insert content, add personalization, and modify HTML (for advanced usage).
We are also happy to help you customize the design of these recovery emails as we improve the editing experience! Just get in touch with our team and we'd be glad to assist 😊
Once you're pleased with your campaign settings, make sure to activate the campaign to start recovering your abandoned orders.
From your Campaigns screen, click the Go Live button next to the campaign you'd like to start using.