We covered generating your Jilt DNS records along with some general guidelines in our article Can I send emails from my own domain? Here we'll take a look at adding the DKIM record to your Google Domains account.
Now, let's start sending your emails with your own domain.
Add the DKIM record
1. Login to your Google Domains account.
2. Click on "My domains" on the left, and then locate your domain, e.g. example.com
3. Click the DNS settings button:
4. Scroll down until you see the section Custom resource records. Enter the following information:
a. Copy and paste the value from the Host/Name field (#1 in the screenshot below. You can click on the red text to automatically copy the value to your clipboard)
b. Select "CNAME"
c. Copy and paste the value from the Value/Alias To field (#2 in the screenshot below)
d. Click the "Add" button
5. You've successfully added your DKIM record!
You can wait a few minutes and click "Verify DKIM" in Jilt, which should verify that you've added the record successfully. In rare cases, it can take up to 48 hours to update, but if you've waited a few hours and the DKIM is still not verified, please get in touch with us so we can help.
To learn more, take a look at our article How to Verify Your SPF and DKIM records.