The cart abandonment report is where you’ll find metrics like your abandonment rate, recovery rate, and recovered revenue.
The cart abandonment report shows these stats:
- Recovered revenue: the total sales from orders that were placed after customers clicked the "complete my order" button in your recovery emails.
- Recovered orders: the total number of orders that were placed from your recovery emails.
- Recovery rate: the percentage of abandoned carts that converted into orders.
- Abandoned revenue: the total value of carts that were abandoned in your store. This includes carts that didn't have an email address.
- Abandoned carts: this is the total number of carts that were abandoned in your store. This includes carts that didn't have an email address.
- Recoverable carts: this is the number of abandoned carts with a valid email address.
- Abandonment rate: the percentage of carts that were abandoned, out of all carts (abandoned and ones that turned into orders).
Select the timeframe
By default Jilt displays the report and chart for the past 30 days.
You have the option to filter the timeframe.
You can also select a specific date range. Click on the starting or ending dates to view a calendar where you can create a custom range.
Digging deeper into the numbers
How is the Recovery Rate calculated?
The Recovery Rate is calculated by dividing the number of recovered carts by the total number of carts that were abandoned at some time:
recovery rate = recovered carts / (recoverable + recovered)
For example, if you have 10 recovered carts and 24 recoverable carts, we'd calculate a 24.9% recovery rate: 24.9 = 10 / (24 + 10).
What is the average abandonment rate?
This figure accounts for all shopping carts used on your store that don't convert to a completed purchase or recovered order. The typical shopping cart abandonment rate varies between 60% and 80%, with an average of 67.91%.
We take an in-depth look at the common causes of abandonment, plus their solutions, in our article eCommerce cart abandonment demystified.
Troubleshooting the Dashboard
The statistics seem incorrect
If the Cart Abandonment report data seems incorrect there are a couple of things to check for.
- When was the report info last updated? Hovering over the information icon next to the heading will provide details on the report's last sync (performed hourly).
- Have you been testing orders on your store? Test customers, orders, and carts are excluded from your account's sending usage and all report statistics. More details can be found here.
Please let our support team know if you have any questions.