We've written about the benefits of including discounts in recovery emails, as well as when to include discounts in recovery emails. Jilt can automatically create unique discount codes and manage syncing the discount to your store, making it easier than ever to include discounts in your order receipt emails.
Creating discount codes
You can create discount codes in Jilt, which can then be easily added to your email templates, by following the steps below:
- Go to Discounts and select New discount.
- Enter the discount details as needed - Name, Type (percentage discount, fixed amount discount, or free shipping) and Amount are required fields.
- Click Create Discount.
Adding discount codes to emails
Now that you've created the discount, you can add the code to your emails! 🎊 In the email editor, add the Discount Code email component to your template. Then, in the Discount Settings, select the discount you want to use.
🎥 Here's a short video of adding the discount code to an email:
You can also add a new discount from this panel by selecting New discount.
🎥 Here's a short video of creating a new discount from an email:
Using existing discount codes
If you have already created a discount code in your Shopify, WooCommerce or EDD shop, you can apply it to the email via the order receipt email editor. These discounts need to be created directly within your eCommerce platform admin area. To add that existing discount code to your Jilt email:
- Drag the Discount Code block to the content area of your email
- Choose Existing code from the dropdown menu in the sidebar
- Enter the Discount code to match the one you created in your eCommerce platform
- Enter an optional Expiry date value. Note that this value will need to be configured in the discount settings for your eCommerce platform. Jilt doesn't enforce the expiry for existing discounts based on this value.
Note: existing discounts are not automatically applied to the cart. They need to be manually entered at checkout.