Self-service contact exports is now available in Jilt 🎉
You can export your entire list, a filtered segment, or a selection of contacts. Exports can include active, archived, suppressed, opted-in, and non-subscribed contacts.
Before you start
Here are some important things to know before you begin the export process.
- Contact exports don't include campaign report data like open and click rates, or order/shopping history.
- Your export is provided as a ZIP file which includes multiple CSV files. You can open the CSVs in your preferred spreadsheet application to view and edit the data.
- When the ZIP file is ready you'll be sent an email to your Jilt account email address, with a link to download the file.
- Contact export files are available to download up to 14 days after they've been generated.
- Please wait for an export to finish processing before requesting a new export of the same data set.
Set up your export
Follow the steps below to export a contact.
- Go to Contacts
- Select one or more contacts that you'd like to export.
- Click Actions > Export contacts
A modal window will appear that asks you to confirm the list to export. The following options are available.
- Selected contacts: all contacts that have been selected with a checkmark.
- All contacts in filter: all contacts that appeared in the filtered results (Only available if a filter was applied to the list).
- All contacts: the complete list of contacts in your store.
Once you've confirmed the list you'd like to export, Jilt will start preparing the ZIP file. You'll receive an email with a link to download the file, which will be available for 14 days. After which, the file is removed from our system and no longer available to download.
Note: The file may take up to a couple of hours to process during busy periods.
Pro tip: Use segmentation rules (found under "Filters") to sort a list of only the contacts you want to export. Bulk select the results and then choose "All contacts in filter" in the modal window to quickly export a group of contacts.
About the export file
Your export file contains separate CSV files.
- All-contacts. This file includes the entire list of contacts that were exported and is included in every ZIP file that's processed by Jilt.
- Subscribed. This list includes all contacts that have explicitly opted-in to receive marketing emails from your store.
- Unsubscribed. This list includes all contacts that have opted out of your email marketing. The action is typically completed by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email.
- Non-subscribed. This list includes all contacts that have neither opted-in or opted-out of your email marketing.
- Suppressed. This list includes all contacts that have the suppressed status in Jilt (read more on statuses here). Contacts move to this status when their email address hard bounces, they mark one of your emails as spam, or they unsubscribe from your emails.
The export only includes the CSVs for which you have matching contacts. For example, if none of your contacts have been suppressed then the export won't contain the Suppressed.csv file.
How do I export a contact list?
You can export a list that you added to your account in the Contacts > Lists area.
- Go to Contacts.
- Click Filter > Contact details.
- From the list of filters choose Contact lists and select the list name from the dropdown.
- Click Add rule.
Once you've filtered the list, select the results by clicking the bulk selector then go to Actions > Export contacts.
Our support team is happy to help if you have any questions about exporting your contacts. Open up the chat window or get in touch with us here.