Recapture can integrate with MailChimp to synchronize emails collected via their Email Collectors to a dedicated list in MailChimp. This allows you to welcome new subscribers or send other emails via Mailchimp.
Activate the Mailchimp integration
To activate their MailChimp integration, complete the following steps.
1. Log into your Recapture account and click on the name of your store menu on the far right side. Select Account Settings:
2. Scroll toward the bottom of the screen until you find Integrations.
3. Click on MailChimp's Integrate button. This will open a login screen asking for your MailChimp username/password. Enter the details and click Log in:
4. Now navigate to your Email Collectors in Recapture:
5. Click on Settings from the Email Collectors menu:
6. At the top, you'll want to change the Auto Sync settings:
a. Change Status to Enabled, followed by Mailchimp.
b. In the Sync List dropdown, select the mailing list in MailChimp with which you wish to sync contacts.
7. Make sure to Save Settings when you finish.
Enable welcome emails in Mailchimp
Mailchimp provides detailed instructions on creating a welcome email (or series) in their article Create an Automated Welcome Email.
Please note that Mailchimp recommends creating a new automation rather than importing an HTML email template.
Disable Jilt's welcome emails
Make sure to deactivate any Welcome new subscribers automations that are active in Jilt to prevent sending duplicate emails.
Open the Automations list.
Find the campaign in the list and click the Stop button.
3. On the Stop Campaign modal either select Keep scheduled emails or Cancel scheduled emails.
With either selection the campaign will be stopped immediately, preventing new contacts from being assigned to the automation. However, your selection will tell Jilt what it should do with any emails that have been scheduled but not yet sent.
Keep scheduled emails. This option is useful if Jilt has captured some new signups that weren't also synced to Mailchimp.
Cancel scheduled emails. Select this option if the latest signups have been synced to Mailchimp and they're eligible to receive the new Automation Welcome Email that you've activated in Mailchimp.
Migrate other email templates to Mailchimp
You can follow the instructions in our Mailchimp migration guide for Step 7: Migrate saved email templates.
Once complete, continue to Step 6: Complete Recapture migration.